Uncon-vend-tional: The Country’s Most Bizarre Vending Machines
Candy and soda vending machines are common; you see them everywhere, but did you know there’s a whole world of machines out there vending all kinds of unique offerings that you may have never seen before?
- New York City, Los Angeles, and Dallas have baked up some sidewalk cupcake ATMs, where you can purchase a decadent dessert with your credit card.
- In Philadelphia, you’ll find vending machines that sport locks of real human hair, which ladies can use for enhancement and elongation.
- Looking for clear and radiant skin while on the go? There’s a Proactive acne treatment products vending machine in—where else—Hollywood, California.
- Pennsylvania’s Shippensburg University and California’s Pomona College sport vending machines that carry Plan B medication (aka the morning-after pill).
- In Los Angeles, a hot-and-ready burrito machine offers Chorizo Sausage, Roasted Potato, Uncured Bacon, Free-Range Chicken, or Shredded Beef flavors.
- Go green with this machine: The “Swap-o-matic” in Brooklyn lets you trade in your used goods for something new, with no monetary transaction.
- In Beverly Hills those with a refined pallet and a fat wallet can visit neighborhood mall vending machines that serve gourmet caviar, escargot, and truffles.
- In Cedar Creek, Texas, you can indulge in a baked pecan pie from Berdoll Pecan Farm, served from a vending machine right outside its retail store.
- At the end of a long night, aching ladies in California and Las Vegas can stop by a vending machine to buy a pair of comfortable but stylish ballet flats.
Have you seen any of these machines while on your travels? Let us know in the comments! Have an idea for a vending machine-based business that just can’t fail? Then hit up http://www.amequipmentsales.com/ and they’ll tell you how you can get started on your very own vending machine empire!