Perhaps a better question is what areas might you be most effective in by account demographic and account type?
The work force has shrunk and a lot of industries have down sized. How do you get the tactics to get accounts that remain profitable for you in smaller type accounts?
- 50-100 person range with the right demographics
- Be cognizant of your geography to limit drive time between accounts
- What’s your service interval that makes the account profitable?
Examples of good small accounts:
- Small logistics warehouses with lots of truck drivers coming and going
- Knock on all doors in an industrial park for opportunities – get in one facility and you might get into all in the industrial park
What about saving money on the equipment?
Return on investment is important but consider operating costs and turn.