Vending operators cause their own service issues by the actions or in-actions of the route man:
- Without a well planned and timed service schedule (or route scheduling system), your machines will run out of product… and cause a service call.
- You leave out of date product in your machines… “I bought the product and it’s stale.”
- You open the door to your machine. Do you open the door of every machine at every stop even when if it’s only making enough money to open the machine every other stop? (Here’s an alternative) Every time you open the door of the machine, there is a possibility for something to go wrong in the machine. Mechanical and electronic things break over time with use.
- You open the door, but you forget to lock it when you leave.
- If you open the door make sure you close it, lock it and make sure it accepts money with a coin and bill test before you leave.
What service issues do you deal with? (Share them and any questions you have in the comments below)